Saturday, June 16, 2012

Brodie's 1st Birthday!


          So for my sons first birthday I wanted to do something really special. A lot of people told me he wont remember so not to really worry about it; but my husband and I will remember and outside from it being our sons first birthday, it was a celebration for us too, getting to watch him grow up. We wanted to make it fun and special for everyone involved.

          Of course I was on Pinterest looking for ideas. Checking Google for decorations. Browsing eBay, Amazon and Etsy for off the wall items I might be able to include. Planning this party turned into a fun side hobby for me. I told my husband - "Planning my wedding = Stressful. Planning Brodie's birthday party = Gratifying and fun."

          I then decided on a theme.... At the time I was doing research for my sons party, Dr. Seuss' birthday was right around the corner so a lot of really cute Dr. Seuss related items were popping up everywhere. That was when I decided to go with that theme, since it was too convenient to pass up haha. Being a cute kids theme was an added bonus!

          With cheap scrap-booking paper and card stock, I made everything from the invitations, to the banner; displaying pictures from each month of his life up to that point. Other than decorations, the funnest thing to plan overall had to be the menu! The Dr. Seuss books gave us sooooo many neat ideas, it was hard to keep the menu at a reasonable size........ But this is what we ended up with - Green (deviled) Eggs & Ham, Yertle the (caramel) Turtles, Hop on Pop (corn), Red Fish Blue Fish (jigglers), Roast Beast (teriyaki chicken, and marinated steak skewered on sticks and grilled), Then of course there was veggies, cake (that his Aunt Holly made!), cookies, cupcakes and other extras.

          I'm sorry for not having a how to for any of this, I'm starting this blog a few months after his birthday took place. Hopefully the pictures (shared in a link at the bottom of this post) will help with ideas and be an inspiration for other parties. I will state - Other than the specialty cookies I ordered (All Things Exquisite - The company I used for the fabulous cookies), everything else was made by myself with some helping hands from grandma. Almost all the decorations, other than the truffula trees (The Shower Planner - The company I used for the truffula trees) were items I found in the dollar store or dollar section of Target!


Dr. Seuss Party Album

                                                                   
                                                                                           Modern Mommy - Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment