Saturday, August 25, 2012

8 bit Cookie - Mario

So anyone who knows me best knows that I love to be creative and I love to bake. Even more than that I love video games. Why not combine these things somehow? I decided to take an 8 bit image of one of the classic video game characters (I chose Mario) and turn it into a cookie..... pixel by pixel.

Understand, this was fun for me, I do not consider it a waste of time and I may even try it again one day (not anytime soon, I'm cookied out right now haha). This cookie did take some planning, aside from choosing my image I had to graph it, plan for colors and supplies for dough. Though I did not take pictures of the entire dough making / coloring process (that was my quality mommy son time) - I do have pictures of the assembly.  I hope you enjoy.










To be exact, the cookie had exactly 324 pixels, i.e. strips of cookie dough and contained 6 different colors. The cookie pictured was my test baking subject to get a feel of what temp and time it needs. The final product is a little off from the original design, but that's what you get when you work with melting cookie dough that's weighing down on itself :) .... Over all I'm happy with the outcome and plan to bake the rest and dip the backs in chocolate!

                                                                                              Modern Mommy - Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment